The library offers three meeting rooms that may be used by individuals or organizations holding meetings of a civic, cultural, or educational nature.
The Multipurpose Room
The Multi-Purpose Room on the 1st floor features a movable partition and a small kitchen, and comfortably seats up to 80 people.
The Reading Room
The Reading Room on the 2nd floor is furnished with upholstered chairs and a wide-screen TV, and comfortably seats 35 people.
The Conference Room
The Conference Room on the 2nd floor features a large table with chairs and comfortably seats 8-10 people.
Patrons interested in reserving a room must complete a Meeting Room Application Form 2017 and return it to the library for board approval. Forms are also available at the Circulation Desk. Rooms can be reserved no sooner than 3 months in advance. You may refer all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-941-9430, ext. 3120.
Please review these Regulations for Room Use before completing and submitting your application.
- The meeting rooms may be used by individuals or organizations holding meetings of a civic, cultural, or educational nature. The meeting rooms are not to be used for purely social gatherings such as showers or birthday parties. No meetings can be held at the library when the building is closed.
- Use of the meeting room facilities does not constitute any endorsement by the library of the group’s beliefs, policies, or programs. The group will issue no publicity indicating library sponsorship and the library reserves the right to post disclaimers in the meeting area. The library director or designated staff member has the right to see handout literature, materials, and press releases.
- Rooms may be reserved no sooner than 3 months in advance. Ongoing programs are asked to resubmit an application form every 3 months. The library does not guarantee that a particular time slot will continue to be available to any organization.
- Library programs and meetings are given priority in scheduling. The library reserves the right to reschedule confirmed meeting room reservations to accommodate library-sponsored or co-sponsored meetings or programs. However, the library will give as much notice as possible, and every effort will be made to avoid such conflicts or to offer alternative options when they arise.
- Equipment Available:
Multi-Purpose Room Reading Room Conference Room Stack chairs: 80 Upholstered Chairs: 8 Conference Table: 1 Banquet tables: 12 (30″x 72″) Stack chairs: 24 Chairs: 8 Card tables: 8 (36″x 36″) Tables: 2 Screen Screen Kitchen Facilities
- AV equipment must be reserved in advance. The group is responsible for all connections to outside equipment. The library does not provide cables to connect outside equipment, and is not responsible for connecting or troubleshooting electronic equipment brought to the library by room users. For all AV equipment use, the contact person must schedule a time with the Technical Reference Librarian for instruction on the equipment care and use prior to the meeting 724-941-9430 ext. 5767.
- All chairs, tables, and other library equipment must be handled with care. Meeting rooms are expected to be returned to a neat and orderly arrangement, lights turned out after use, trash to be disposed of in proper receptacles, and all equipment returned to the place where it was found.
- The group is responsible for set up and take down of the tables and chairs they use. Tables and chairs must be arranged in such a manner to provide an aisle for safe emergency exit. Tables must not be slid across floors. Care should be taken to not scuff the floors with heel marks.
- All meeting rooms must be cleaned and emptied at least 15 minutes prior to closing time.
- No signs or displays are permitted to be attached to meeting room walls or elsewhere in the library.
- The library does not provide storage space for group’s belongings.
- A full refund is available if room cancellations are made at least 7 days in advance. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to room use will result in forfeiture of room use fees.
- Peters Township Library and its agents shall not be liable for injuries sustained by any person. The party hereby agrees to indemnify, save harmless and defend Peters Township and its Council, board members, employees agents or assigns, from and against any or all claims, demands and suits of whatsoever nature on account of property damage or personal injury sustained or suffered by Peters Township or others, or death of any person, arising or growing out of our in connection with the use of library facilities granted pursuant to this application.