Most materials may be renewed up to two times providing the account is in good standing and there are no outstanding holds on the item.
There are three ways to renew items:
- Renew in person at the library.
- Renew online by logging on to your online account in the catalog prior to midnight the day before items are due. To renew materials through an online account:
- Click Patron Account on the menu bar and log in using your 14-digit library card barcode and password.
- Click Items Out on the Account sub-menu to display the list of items you have currently checked out. The Items Out page displays the format, call number, branch library, due date, and number of renewals left for each item check out.
- Do one of the following to renew your items: check the box by the titles for each item that you want to renew, and click Renew Selected Items, or click Renew All to renew all checked out items. A message will tell you which items have been renewed and whether any renewals have been blocked. An item will be blocked from renewal if there is a hold on it or if you are over the renewal limit.
- Click My Record to return to your account or click Log Out to log out of your account.
- Renew by phone by calling the Circulation Desk at 724-941-9430 ext. 3100. Please do not leave a phone message, as staff cannot guarantee they will be able to listen to it before items are due.