On March 14, the Peters Township Council passed a proclamation commemorating April 3-9 as National Library Week in Peters Township.
The American Library Association has declared the theme for National Library Week 2022,
“Connect with Your Library”. The intent of which is to promote the idea that public libraries are places to get connected to technology by using broadband, computers, and other resources. Libraries also offer opportunities to connect with media, programs, ideas, and classes—in addition to books. Most importantly, libraries also connect community members to each other. No community is more connected to its library than Peters Township.
Swing by the library this week to celebrate with us!
- Library Card Raffle: Check out an item with your library card to enter a raffle for local gift cards!
- Library Trivia: Join us on Facebook & Instagram throughout the week and see how well you know your library.
- Connect with Us: When you visit, let us know what you love about libraries and how they help you connect. Add your comments to the poster in the library, or give us a call, and we can add it for you!
April is financial literacy month at Peters Township Public Library. Whether you are saving for a baby, have questions about Bitcoin, or are looking at buying or selling a home this year, we have programs and information.
- Home Buying 101 with CFS Bank | Tuesday, April 5, 7:00 pm | PTPL
- Money Bedtime Stories for Kids | Monday-Thursday, April 4-7, 7:00 pm | via YouTube
- Saving for College with PA 529 with the PA Treasury | Tuesday, April 12, 7:00 pm | PTPL or via Zoom
- Protecting Your Identity with the BBB | Thursday, April 14, 7:00 pm | PTPL or via Zoom
- Family Monopoly | Saturday, April 16, 1:00 pm | PTPL
- Shredding Event with the BBB | Saturday, April 23, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm | McMurray Elementary School
- Basics of Bitcoin | Tuesday, April 26, 7:00 pm | via Zoom
Money Smart Week is April 9-16, and they offer nationwide webinars on various topics.
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart. | Monday, April 11, 2:00 pm | Budgeting and grocery webinar
- Credit: Build and Improve It! | Tuesday, April 12, 2:00 pm | Credit score webinar
- Buying or Refinancing a Home: Options and Tools | Wednesday, April 13, 2:00 pm | Housing and refinancing webinar
- Social Security: Understanding Retirement, Spouse and Survivor Benefits | Thursday, April 14, 2:00 pm | Social Security webinar
Want to learn more at home? You can also enroll in the following Gale Courses with your WAGGIN Library Card at https://education.gale.com/l-pl2048/
- Personal Finance
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Stocks, Bonds, and Investing: Oh, My!
- Where Does All My Money Go?
Courses are available 24/7 after their start date and typically run for six weeks. The next round of courses starts on April 13, and classes for small or home-based businesses are also available. Check out our short YT video or register for the April 18 Gale Courses Tour with IT/Reference Library Brandon to learn more about Gale Courses!
Beginning the week of April 17, there will be a slight change to the hours for PTPL. The new hours (seen above) result from a six-month study of library usage. You can read more about his decision by clicking here.