The Peters Township Public Library will welcome senior military officers from the United States Army War College for a panel discussion on Global Challenges and U.S. National Security Strategy on Thursday, February 14 at 7:00 p.m. This program is hosted in partnership with the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh and offers the community the opportunity to meet with officials from the U.S. Army War College who will address various national security issues and the role the military plays in response. Registration is requested for this program. Email email@example.com to register or call 724.941.9430 #1.
Featured speakers at the program:
- Moderator: Dr. Michael S. Neiberg, Professor of History and Chair of War Studies, Department of National Security and Strategy, U.S. Army War College
- Colonel Abdullah Haruna Ibrahim, Nigerian Army
Topic: The War on an Extremist Group in West Africa: Boko Haram and the Nigerian Case
- Lieutenant Colonel Eric A. McCoy, U.S. Army
Topic: Cement Between The Bricks: Developing Strategic Leaders for the Future
- Lieutenant Colonel Shaw Pick, U.S. Army
Topic: The Weaponization of Social Media: 21st Century Info Warfare
- Lieutenant Colonel Steven Tofte, U.S. Air Force
Topic: SHAPEing Success: The Need for Negotiation Skills for America’s NATO Officers
McMurray Veterans of Foreign Wars POST 764 generously provides support for the International Program Series which is part of the Pennsylvania Library Association PA Forward initiative. Libraries can give citizens of all ages the knowledge and skills they need to improve their lives, to contribute effectively in their communities, and to participate in civil discourse.