As a public library, the biggest role we can play in response to the emerging COVID-19 threat is sharing trusted sources of information with you.
Below are a list of links we believe will be helpful to you.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) summary on COVID-19 is being updated constantly
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has complied a page of myth busting questions and answers regarding the COVID-19 virus
- For information about COVID-19 in Pennsylvania, visit the PA Department of Health Coronavirus web page
- This press release from the Allegheny County Health Department provides you their guidance and recommendations locally. For more information on COVID-19, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus . If you are not a subscriber to Allegheny Alerts, you can create an account at www.alleghenycounty.us/alerts and subscribe for COVID-19 alerts under the categories of Health Department/Health & Environment. ACHD provides a daily update at 11:00 a.m. via Allegheny Alerts and additional notifications as information becomes available.
- There is some information available on the Washington County Public Safety Department COVID-19 Information web page.
- NewsGuard has compiled a list of sources that have advanced inaccurate information about the coronavirus.