The WAGGIN Network would like to save you time and to help you avoid overdue fines. Beginning Monday, May 3, 2021, we will automatically renew your eligible items two days before the due date. Our policy is two renewals for books and one renewal for DVDs if no one has placed the item on hold.
The items will not renew automatically in the following cases:
- You have reached the maximum renewal limit.
- Another cardholder has placed the item on hold.
- Your library account has accrued fines or fees.
- Your library card registration has expired. (Accounts expire after three years.)
- It is an Interlibrary loan from a library outside our consortium.
- Items that do not renew: Digital items, hotspots, kits, special loan items; museum passes; or other specialty loans classified as not renewable.
How can you confirm the WAGGIN network renewed your items?
- You will receive a text or email notification of the renewal.
- You can check your account online.
- You can email email@example.com to confirm.
You can still renew items early yourself. And you can always return items before they are due, so we can share them with others.
If you do not receive email or text notifications but would like to, send an email containing your library barcode number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call 724.941.9430 #1.