Library Director Myra R. Oleynik sent out the following message on Thursday, June 4, 2020:
Dear PT Library Community,
As Washington County moves to the “green phase” on Friday, June 5, this is what you need to know right now about the Peters Township Public Library:
- The library WILL NOT reopen to the public on Friday, June 5. We are awaiting further guidance from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries to adopt a phased-in approach for in-person library services. Staff will be returning and preparing the building and their workspace to abide by federal, state, and local health guidelines. We will be processing new library materials and offering help by phone at 724.941.9430 and email at email@example.com.
- Curbside Pickup Service will continue by appointment Monday through Saturday with an extended 3-week loan period. Review our Curbside Pickup details here.
- We will be accepting returns. The outdoor book drop will remain closed, but returns may be dropped off in our RETURNS bins located at the library front entrance. We can accept returns on Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Tax appointments are not being rescheduled. A limited supply of tax forms and instruction booklets are available on a table at our front entrance during RETURN hours.
- We are not accepting book donations, meeting room applications, program proposals, or scheduling any library volunteers at this time.
- All WAGGIN library cards have been renewed to December 31, 2020.
- At the moment, we are offering only virtual programs. We will announce these programs through our library newsletter (subscribe here), on the library Events Calendar, and the Peters Township Public Library Facebook page. Visit the library’s YouTube Channel for playlists which include all of our virtual programs. Virtual classes and programs will also be available via Zoom.
- If you haven’t already done so, be sure to register for our virtual Summer Reading Program for ALL ages using Reader Zone. Learn more about the program here.
Please check your email for further updates about the official date for our phased reopening of the building and in-person library services. We appreciate your patience and look forward to safely serving you soon.
Myra R. Oleynik